This section will be used to provide information on underwater photography and shooting techniques.
Important Photo Tip - Whether you already own an underwater camera or are looking to purchase one for the first time, all photographers dream of taking great underwater photographs. To accomplish this you have to know how to use your camera and its accessories. So many photographers fail to take the time to read the owners manual and memorize it. Even though you may not use all the features, you must first know what features are available and then make the choice to use it or not. Reading and memorizing your owners manual is one of the important fundamental rules in taking great pictures!!
Another important and fundamental rule is to practice using your camera before you set out on your next adventure, so take the time and crank a few rolls through your camera to become familiar with its controls and functions, any accessories and make sure you understand how to apply your picture taking techniques to your new camera.
So remember these tips and get out there and start fulfilling your dream of taking great underwater photographs!!
- Our Photographic Gear
- Photographers Rights
- Nikonos V
- Additional Information
- Available Books, Music & Videos, Cameras
- Travel Storage & Viewer Systems
- Other Travel Storage Systems
Our Photographic Gear
Since many people ask us what type of photography equipment do we use for surface and underwater photography, we decided to create a section and describe what equipment we use to create our images. View Our Photographic Gear
Photographers, know your rights: attorney and photographer advocate Bert P. Krages II has created The Photographer’s Right, a PDF file meant to be printed, stowed in your camera bag and distributed in the event of a confrontation.
In short: photographers have the right to take photos in public places (with a few exceptions), they most likely do not have the right to confiscate your film, and except to law enforcement officials, you’re under no obligation to explain the purpose of your photos or reveal your identity.
|More information about photography law can be found in
the following book:
Legal Handbook for Photographers:
Below you will find links to our photo galleries of local shipwrecks, marine life and travel destinations, a list of available digital images for purchase, and a list of photography links from photo equipment and film supplies to multimedia equipment and film processing. Also provided are links to help you organize, manage and convert file formats of your digital images on your computer.
- Available digital images from Eco-Photo Explorers
- Photo Galleries - Links to our photo galleries of local shipwrecks, marine life and travel destinations.
- Photography Links - List of photography links from photo equipment and film supplies to multimedia equipment and film processing. Also provided are links to help you organize, manage and convert file formats of your digital images on your computer.
Available Books, Videos & Cameras
12 Megapixel 5X Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD screen
GREAT Underwater Beginner Camera!
Product Description: SeaLife's DC1200 makes
underwater photography it easier than ever before. Mystical sea
creatures, vibrant colorful reefs, or haunting wrecks from a
bygone era, the DC1200 is the camera to catch them all. SeaLife's new 12-megapixel camera combines diver-friendly design
and four underwater color modes, for sharp, colorful pictures
underwater or on land.
SeaLife eliminated the typical button cluster on the back of the camera, in favor of five thumb operated "piano key" controls. The large shutter button extends forward with a fingertip-control lever that allows scrolling through menus or zooming in and out without releasing your grip from the camera. This "Central Command Lever" and the "Piano Keys" are making great underwater pictures and videos easier than ever before.
Expand the DC1200 with SeaLife's popular line of underwater accessories, including the Digital Pro Flashes and wide angle . Automatic focus from 4" to infinity. Record 2+ hours of sharp, colorful video with sound when using a 4GB SD memory card. Depth tested to 200ft. Fully rubber armored for shock protection. Full 1-year warranty covers the underwater housing and camera.
SeaLifes Sea Modes which have built in color correction and External Flash Modes for vibrant color and manual control of the cameras shutter and aperture, round out the DC1200.
Other SeaLife DC1200 Camera Systems:
- SeaLife DC1200 Elite 12MP Underwater / Land
Digital Camera & Strobe System
Where to Buy
- Sealife DC1000 Elite 10MP Underwater / Land
Digital Camera & Strobe System (2 Digital Pro
Where to Buy
Travel Storage & Viewer Systems
Epson P-5000 & P-3000 (Storage & Viewer Systems)
This is an essential tool for the digital photographer who
shoots a lot of images. The
Epson P-3000/5000 provides an excellent way to download, store
and display thousands of photos, videos and more on the spot -
without a computer. With the ultra fast processor, it’s easy to
backup images right from your memory card (CF/SD) or camera.
Transfer thousands of photos in no time at all. Then, continue
|Or, transfer files from your camera or any USB device. You can even connect and download your files directly to your Windows or Mac computer. The Epson Epson P-3000/5000 makes it easy to save and share images virtually anywhere, with amazing clarity and color.|
Features & Benefits
- 40GB (P-3000) or 80BG (P-5000), high-capacity hard drive to backup thousands of photos
- Large, 4-inch LCD for easy viewing
- On-the-spot download device to save, view and share photos, videos and music anywhere
- Epson® Photo Fine Ultra LCD technology for more accurate colors
- Adobe® RGB color space support
- Ultra fast processor for fast downloads
- DivX® video file support, plus audio/video out to instantly view slide shows and videos
- Rechargeable battery so it’s always ready to travel
- Long battery life that’s ideal for extended, on-location shoots
- Built-in card slots that support Compact Flash® I/II (CF) and Secure Digital™ (SD) memory cards
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 for fast file transfers
- RAW file support — zoom capabilities to check the focus and fine detail
- P-7000 (160GB Capacity) - Where to Buy
- P-6000 (80GB Capacity) - Where to Buy
- P-5000 (80GB Capacity) - Where to Buy
- P-3000 (40GB Capacity) - Where to Buy
- Epson P-5000 TrueVue Crystal Clear Screen Protector
- Epson P-3000 TrueVue Crystal Clear Screen Protector
- Epson Lithium Ion Battery for the Epson P-3000 and P-5000
- dpreview Review
Other Travel Storage Systems
storing and transporting documents and digital
Other storage systems
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16 GB USB 2.0 (Flash
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8 GB USB 2.0 (Flash Drive)
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4 GB USB 2.0 (Flash Drive)
SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2 GB USB 2.0 with U3 (Flash Drive)
Please email all questions or comments with this site to Technical Support.