Eco-Photo Explorers (EPE) is a New York based organization formed in 1994 to help promote public interest in protecting the underwater environment through knowledge and awareness using underwater photography. Photography, multimedia presentations, lectures and freelance writing are all utilized to achieve this goal.
Our photography and writing have been featured in many national and international publications such as National Geographic Adventure, Immersed, Advanced Diver, Discover Diving, Diver Magazine, Lighthouse Digest and WW II Magazine as well as used by several educational and environmental organizations like the JASON Project (founded by Robert Ballard), Beneath the Sea, Boston Sea Rovers, Our World Underwater, Long Island Divers Association and the Atlantis Marine World Aquarium. For a complete list of other forums we have presented at, please review our references web page.
We have a large collection of high-resolution stock images of underwater photography which consists of, but not limited to underwater marine life, coral, reef formations, shipwrecks and other scuba diving related photography from around the world. We can also provide high-resolution stock images of insects, nature, wildlife and many exotic travel destinations. Our site also provides related information on all aspects of scuba diving, underwater photography, dive travel destinations and weather.
In the News
Long Island Divers Association: 2015 Film Festival
Friday, February 20, 2015
Hofstra University Student Center Theater, Hempstead, NY
Time: 8:00 pm sharp to midnight
Ticket Price Includes: Films, Live DJ, Food, Beer, Wine, and Soft drinks
Admission: $35.00 pp
Tickets are available online, at your local dive shop or call (631) 848-8885.
Buy Tickets | Film Festival Details | Sponsor Prizes | Download Flyer
Save the Ponquogue Bridge
The old Ponquogue Bridge, located in the town of Hampton Bays on Long Island at Shinnecock Bay, has long been recognized as the premier diving location in this area. The waters immediately surrounding the bridge are a designated marine reserve. The eco-system below the bridge is a thriving haven for shellfish, crustaceans and myriad species of fish. Recently, Southampton Town officials have expressed concern over the safety of the bridge, which has suffered damage in recent storms, including Superstorm Sandy in 2012.
The Long Island Divers Association (LIDA) has been spearheading an effort to spare the bridge from potential demolition and advocates a thorough study of the structure to assess any potential safety hazards. LIDA is hoping to preserve the best dive site on Long Island and supports remediation of any hazards rather than removal of the bridge.
- Summary of a recent Town Council Meeting (video)
- Press Release (Defend Diving and the Marine Ecosystem at Old Ponquogue Bridge)
- East End Beacon Article
- Keep up to date by linking to LIDA's Facebook page
We will present at the following dive shows - View Details
- Long Island Diving Association
- Our World Underwater (Phoenix, Dallas/Frisco, Chicago)
- Ohio ScubaFest
New & Popular Programs - Book Now
- Iceland: Diving in the Land of Fire and Ice
- Beneath the White Sea: Ice Diving in the Russian High Arctic
- Puerto Galera and Verde Island: Jewels of the Philippines
- Long Island Maritime History: Stories of Tragedy and Rescue
- Haunted Long Island | Long Island's Ghosts and Hauntings
- Long Island's Haunted Lighthouses
- From Smuggler to Shipwreck: The Notorious Story of the Golden Venture
- The War Years: Long Island's History In Armed Conflict
Latest Publications & Magazine Contributions
Lighthouse Digest (January-February 2015, Issue)
- Article Release: Megalodon's Lighthouses
X-Ray Mag (Posted: 12/31/2014)
- Article Release: Diving Russia’s Arctic: Beneath the White Sea
Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (December 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: LIDA Sponsors Harbor School Students On A Special Long Island Scuba Dive
Underwater Photography Guide (Posted: 12/09/2014)
- Article Release: Iceland: Diving in the Land of Fire and Ice
Houston Chronicle Online Newspaper - (Posted: 10/26/2014)
- Photo Contribution: Rare shark teeth, millions of years old, brought up by Gulf divers
Diver Magazine - UK (November 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: Into the Epicentre: A dive trip to Puerto Galera in the Philippines
California Diver Magazine (Posted: 10/15/2014)
- Article Release: Touching Megalodon: Searching for Fossil Shark Teeth In Florida
Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (September 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: The Billion Oyster Project: Rebuilding an Ecosystem with the New York Harbor School
Sportdiving Magazine - Australian (June/July2014 Issue)
- Article Release: Night of the Mandarinfish
California Diver Magazine (Posted: 06/02/2014)
- Article Release: From Smuggler to Shipwreck: The Notorious Story of the Golden Venture
California Diver Magazine (Posted: 05/19/2014)
- Article Release: Puerto Galera and Verde Island: The Jewels of the Philippines
Sportdiving Magazine - Australian (April/May 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (February 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: Building a Legacy with New York City's Harbor School
California Diver Magazine (Posted: 02/27/2014)
- Article Release: Iceland: Diving in the Land of Fire and Ice
Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (January 2014 Issue)
- Article Release: California Dreaming: Catalina Island
Experience the trip of a lifetime...
- Diving in Iceland, the Land of Fire and Ice
View Diving and Travel Information
Ice Diving in the White Sea (Russian High Arctic)
Ice Diving Schedule
- Great White Shark Expedition (Guadalupe
Cage Diving Schedule
- Great White Shark Expedition (Farallon Islands, California)
Cage Diving & Topside Observer Schedule
- Crossing the Antarctic Circle Expedition
Diving Schedule | Expedition Information
- Montauk Shark Cage Expeditions (certified
Cage Diving Schedule | Shark Dive & Wreck Combo | Block Island Shark Expedition
- Rhode Island Shark Cage Expeditions (certified & non-certified)
Cage Diving & Topside Observer Schedule | More...
- Expedition to the Galapagos Islands
- Travel to Other Exciting Adventures
For Example: Spitsbergen, South Africa's Sardine Run, Socorro Islands and more...
Guest Diver Program
Information on various aquarium guest diver programs in the United States and in other parts of the world.
Call to Action
Please email all questions or comments with this site to Technical Support.