Eco-Photo Explorers (EPE) is a New York based organization formed in 1994 to help promote public interest in protecting the underwater environment through knowledge and awareness using underwater photography. Photography, multimedia presentations, lectures and freelance writing are all utilized to achieve this goal.
Our photography and writing have been featured in many national and international publications such as National Geographic Adventure, Immersed, Advanced Diver, Discover Diving, Diver Magazine, Lighthouse Digest and WW II Magazine as well as used by several educational and environmental organizations like the JASON Project (founded by Robert Ballard), Beneath the Sea, Boston Sea Rovers, Our World Underwater, Long Island Divers Association and the Atlantis Marine World Aquarium. For a complete list of other forums we have presented at, please review our references web page.
We have a large collection of high-resolution stock images of underwater photography which consists of, but not limited to underwater marine life, coral, reef formations, shipwrecks and other scuba diving related photography from around the world. We can also provide high-resolution stock images of insects, nature, wildlife and many exotic travel destinations. Our site also provides related information on all aspects of scuba diving, underwater photography, dive travel destinations and weather.
In the News
Save the Ponquogue Bridge
The old Ponquogue Bridge, located in the town of Hampton Bays on Long Island at Shinnecock Bay, has long been recognized as the premier diving location in this area. The waters immediately surrounding the bridge are a designated marine reserve. The eco-system below the bridge is a thriving haven for shellfish, crustaceans and myriad species of fish. Recently, Southampton Town officials have expressed concern over the safety of the bridge, which has suffered damage in recent storms, including Superstorm Sandy in 2012.
The Long Island Divers Association (LIDA) has been spearheading an effort to spare the bridge from potential demolition and advocates a thorough study of the structure to assess any potential safety hazards. LIDA is hoping to preserve the best dive site on Long Island and supports remediation of any hazards rather than removal of the bridge.
- Summary of a recent Town Council Meeting (video)
- Press Release (Defend Diving and the Marine Ecosystem at Old Ponquogue Bridge)
- East End Beacon Article
- Keep up to date by linking to LIDA's Facebook page
We will present at the following dive shows - View Details
- Long Island Diving Association (New York)
- Our World Underwater (Phoenix, Dallas/Frisco, Chicago)
- Boston Sea Rovers (Boston)
- Ohio ScubaFest (Ohio)
- Beneath the Sea (New Jersey)
New & Popular Programs - Book Now
- Iceland: Diving in the Land of Fire and Ice
- Beneath the White Sea: Ice Diving in the Russian High Arctic
- Puerto Galera and Verde Island: Jewels of the Philippines
- Long Island Maritime History: Stories of Tragedy and Rescue
- Haunted Long Island | Long Island's Ghosts and Hauntings
- Long Island's Haunted Lighthouses
- From Smuggler to Shipwreck: The Notorious Story of the Golden Venture
- The War Years: Long Island's History In Armed Conflict
Latest Publications & Magazine Contributions
- California Diver Magazine (Posted: 05/03/2015)
- Article Release: Aruba Bon Bini: Exploring Reefs & Shipwrecks of the Southern Caribbean
- Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (March 2015 Issue)
- Article Release: Touching Megalodon: Searching for Fossil Shark Teeth In Florida
- X-Ray Mag (Posted: 03/01/2015)
- Article Release: Strýtan: Diving Iceland's Hydrothermal Vents
Diver Magazine - UK (February 2015 Issue)
- Article Release: Toothache: Fossil-hunting for divers in the Gulf of Mexico
- Dive News Network - Scuba & H20 Adventure Magazine (February 2015 Issue)
- Article Release: Puerto Galera and Verde Island: The Jewels of the Philippines
- Lighthouse Digest (January-February 2015, Issue)
- Article Release: Megalodon's Lighthouses
Experience the trip of a lifetime...
- Diving in Iceland, the Land of Fire and Ice
View Diving and Travel Information
Ice Diving in the White Sea (Russian High Arctic)
Ice Diving Schedule
- Great White Shark Expedition (Guadalupe
Cage Diving Schedule
- Great White Shark Expedition (Farallon Islands, California)
Cage Diving & Topside Observer Schedule
- Crossing the Antarctic Circle Expedition
Diving Schedule | Expedition Information
- Montauk Shark Cage Expeditions (certified
Cage Diving Schedule | Shark Dive & Wreck Combo | Block Island Shark Expedition
- Rhode Island Shark Cage Expeditions (certified & non-certified)
Cage Diving & Topside Observer Schedule | More...
- Expedition to the Galapagos Islands
- Travel to Other Exciting Adventures
For Example: Spitsbergen, South Africa's Sardine Run, Socorro Islands and more...
Guest Diver Program
Information on various aquarium guest diver programs in the United States and in other parts of the world.
Call to Action
Please email all questions or comments with this site to Technical Support.